[Rarebooks] FS: Signed by Wallace Stevens, Dylan Thomas, W.H. Auden, Robinson Jeffers, etc.

charles agvent agvent at erols.com
Tue Dec 23 09:24:30 EST 2003

One of over 100 fine items in our list of New Arrivals just posted on
our web site:  http://www.erols.com/agvent

(AUDEN, W.H; STEVENS, WALLACE; THOMAS, DYLAN; JEFFERS, ROBINSON;
JARRELL, RANDALL; ET. AL.) WILLIAMS, OSCAR (EDITOR). NEW POEMS 1942.
Mt. Vernon, NY: Peter Pauper Press (1942). First Edition. Cloth-backed
marbled boards. Copy I of only 26 lettered copies (there were also 32
contributors copies bringing the total to 58) SIGNED by 32 of the 33
contributors, as issued: Conrad Aiken, Kenneth Allott, W. H. Auden,
George Barker, John Peale Bishop, R. P. Blackmur, Hugh Chisholm, Gene
Derwood, Richard Eberhart, William Empson, Jean Garrigue, Horace
Gregory, Alfred Hayes, Ruth Herschberger, Randall Jarrell, Robinson
Jeffers, C. Day Lewis, Archibald MacLeish, Louis MacNeice, Marianne
Moore, Howard Nemerov, Frederick Prokosch, Muriel Rukeyser, Delmore
Schwartz, Winfield Townley Scott, Karl Shapiro, Theodore Spencer,
Stephen Spender, Wallace Stevens, Dylan Thomas, Robert Penn Warren,
and Oscar Williams. W. R. Rogers did not sign, possibly due to the
editorial error in the 1940 edition that did not credit him for his
poem. A spectacular collection of signatures of most of the important
modern poets of the era. Minor edgewear, darkening to spine. Near
Fine, lacking slipcase.   $7500
--
All books subject to prior sale.  Payment with order; institutions may
be billed. Postage additional: $7.00 for the first book, $3.50 each
thereafter.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost.
Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax.  Mastercard, Visa,
American Express and Discover accepted.  We are also open to
reasonable payment terms.  A book may be returned within 7 days of
receipt for any reason provided it is in the same condition as sent
and prior notice is given.  Please insure returns for their full
value.  We carry a select and diverse stock with major specialties
including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Signed
Books & Autographs, and Limited Editions Club books.  We are proud to
be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America
(ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB)
as well as the International Autograph Dealers Alliance (IADA), the
Manuscript Society, and the Universal Autograph Collectors Club
(UACC).  Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings.
Thank you.

610-682-4750; FAX: 610-682-4620
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page: http://www.erols.com/agvent