[Rarebooks] Stravinsky Libretto Signed by W. H. Auden & his lover Chester Kallman

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Tue Aug 3 11:19:51 EDT 2004

One of a number of fine W. H. Auden items in our list of  103 New
Arrivals:  Poets & Presidents, Part I.   The list also includes many
wonderful signed books, manuscripts, photos, and letters by Robert
Frost, Eleanor Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan, William Carlos Williams, and
others.  Please visit: http://www.erols.com/agvent

AUDEN,  W.  H.  and KALLMAN, Chester.  STRAWINSKY,  Igor
        (STRAVINSKY,  Igor).  THE  RAKE'S PROGRESS.  OPERA  IN  THREE
        ACTS. [New  York]:  Boosey  & Hawkes (1951).  First  Edition.
        Printed  wraps.  Libretto for Stravinsky's opera.  SIGNED  by
        both Auden  and  Kallman  on  the  title  page  with  Auden's
        customary  striking  out  of  his printed  name  as  well  as
        Kallman's.  Alas,  Auden's signature is smudged from a  small
        waterstain  though  still more or less readable.  Soiling  to
        covers  with small tear to front cover near center of  spine.
        Quite uncommon  item  to  find  signed,  especially  by  both
        librettists.  Owner  blindstamp on first page of text.  Still
        Very Good.                                            $350.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.  Postage additional:  $7.00 for the first book, $3.50 each thereafter.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax.  Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted.  Books may be returned within 7 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value.  We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and Limited Editions Club books.  We are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) as well as the International Autograph Dealers Alliance (IADA), the Manuscript Society, and the Universal Autograph Collectors Club (UACC).  Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings.  Thank you.

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent