[Rarebooks] FS: Stepanek, BIRDS OF FIELD AND FOREST

Gerard Gormley gerard at shore.net
Thu Aug 5 19:43:19 EDT 2004

For your kind consideration ---

Stepanek, O.  (text)~.  BIRDS OF FIELD AND FOREST~.  London UK:
Designed & Produced by Artia for Spring Books, no date (original
Czech edition dated 1959).  Keywords: This rebinding very, very
hard to find -- Art -- Illustrated -- Nature -- Birds --
Ornithology -- Natural History -- 'This book will appeal alike to
the serious student of bird-life & to the ordinary reader' -- 56
magnificent color plates by E. Demartini (2 birds each on 6 of
the plates = 62 species, which agrees with index, so this book
has all plates intact) -- English language.  [Various dealer
descriptions cite 60, 62, or 80 plates -- I ordered 2 library
books (only 2 in all of Mass.) -- first impression (1959) has 56
plates, 62 species; so does 4th impression (1964).]  First
Printing (NAP).  Looseleaf.  No dust jacket.  134 pages: Index,
color illustrations throughout.  Binder height: 11-1/2".   Page
size: 10-1/4"H x 8"W.  [Leaves removed from book, laminated, &
inserted in 3-ring binder bearing typewritten labels & bar code -
- this done by a school to protect these beautiful plates from
grubby little hands.]  Binder Near Fine: light bumping & rubbing
to bottom fore-corners & spine-top/bottom, 1/2" ink mark to
front.  School stampings (on title-page only) aside, insides
Fine.  [Digital JPEG image (3.25) available on request].  2396~.
US$50.-

                Gerard Gormley Books
                COLLECTIBLE BOOKS -- USED & RARE
                7 Washington Street
                Manchester-by-the-Sea MA 01944-1528 (USA)
                TEL: 978-526-7351
               E-mail: gerard at shore.net
                http://www.shore.net/~gerard
Please note that my descriptions are brutally frank; if anything,
I want you pleasantly surprised by my books.  JPEG digital images
available on request.   I accept MasterCard, Visa, & Discover cards;
also checks & money orders, payable to Gerard Gormley Books, in
US funds drawn on US banks.  (I bill institutions.)  Full refund for
books returned in as-shipped condition within 2 weeks of ship-date;
if my fault, I also reimburse you for return postage.  I ship in 24 hours.
Shipment value $50 or less, weight  2 lb. or less: Priority $7 first book,
$3.50 each additional.  Media Mail $4 most books.  Over $50, preceding
plus insurance, quoted at order entry.  Shipping also quoted for books
over 2 lb. & foreign addresses.  Please email or telephone to hold.  I
hold books 10 days for collectors, 3 weeks for dealers.  I appreciate
your business & aim to satisfy you in every way.
         Incoming & outgoing mail is certified Virus Free
         by Norton System Works 2002.