[Rarebooks] FS: Alfred F. Goldsmith: a nice clutch of catalogs

Norman Kane nkane at kanebooks.com
Thu Aug 26 19:37:44 EDT 2004

We can offer 9 book catalogs of the prominent N.Y.C. bookseller,
bibliographer & editor, Alfred I. Goldsmith.12mos, original pictorial
wraps, excellent copies.  Numbers 46, 53. & 64-70, 1926-34.
As might be expected of the co-author of a bibliography of Walt Whitman,
and an editor of  Whitman material, there are many Whitman entries; one
that caught my eye was Sadakichi Hartmann's
scandalous pamphlet, "Conversations with Walt Whitman," of which I can
recall seeing only one copy, and that over 50 years ago.  Goldsmith wanted
$4.00 for it.)  The 9 for $110.00

THE AMERICANIST (ABAA),   1525 Shenkel Road,  Pottstown,  Pa, USA,
19465-7221.Telephone:  610 323 5289.  email:  nkane at kanebooks.com.
Fax 610 323 0885
Proprietor: Norman Kane (50 years as an antiquarian bookseller.)
We accept visa, mastercard, checks (in US funds drawn on a US bank),
cash (by registered mail) and money orders.
Postage is charged at approximate cost.  Institutions may be billed.  A
courtesy discount is extended to bona fide book dealers.  Pennsylvania
residents who are not tax-exempt should expect to pay the 6% State Sales
Tax. Returns are accepted within 10 days of receipt of books; we ask that
you notify us and pack the item well and insure it.  We are off the beaten
track and our hours are somewhat irregular, so we recommend you call first
for directions and appointment.