[Rarebooks] fs: the writings of umeko tsuda

Norman Kane nkane at kanebooks.com
Mon Aug 30 18:18:48 EDT 2004

we can offer an excellent copy of the writings of Japan's premier woman
educator:

THE WRITINGS OF UMEKO TSUDA.  (Tokyo, 1984.)  Revised edition.  Original
cloth with decorated end papers, portrait, color plate &
illustrations.  (American-educated founder of the first private women's
school of higher education in Japan in 1900.  Many of the articles, &c, in
this collection concern the status of Japanese woman and their
education.  In Japanese and English. Only 2 copies in OCLC: Library of
Congress & Sarah Lawrence College.)  $75.00

THE AMERICANIST (ABAA),   1525 Shenkel Road,  Pottstown,  Pa, USA,
19465-7221.Telephone:  610 323 5289.  email:  nkane at kanebooks.com.
Fax 610 323 0885
Proprietor: Norman Kane (50 years as an antiquarian bookseller.)
We accept visa, mastercard, checks (in US funds drawn on a US bank),
cash (by registered mail) and money orders.
Postage is charged at approximate cost.  Institutions may be billed.  A
courtesy discount is extended to bona fide book dealers.  Pennsylvania
residents who are not tax-exempt should expect to pay the 6% State Sales
Tax. Returns are accepted within 10 days of receipt of books; we ask that
you notify us and pack the item well and insure it.  We are off the beaten
track and our hours are somewhat irregular, so we recommend you call first
for directions and appointment.