[Rarebooks] FS: Robert Frost Autograph Letter beautifully framed with a portrait

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Sun Dec 5 11:23:20 EST 2004

One of many fine and scarce items to be included in our Holiday
Catalogue which will be posted on our web site on Monday, December 6.
Other items to include fine bindings and fine press books, photography,
signed books and autographs, and much more including excellent gift
ideas, such as the item below. Please visit at
http://www.erols.com/agvent

FROST,  Robert.  AUTOGRAPH  LETTER   SIGNED  matted  and
         framed  with a portrait and two brass plaques. A brief letter
         completely  in  Frost's hand (5-1/2" x 5-1/2") matted  with a
         photograph  reproduction portrait of Frost (7-1/2" x  9-1/2")
         and two  small  brass plaques, one a nameplate and the  other
         with the  famous five last lines of "The Road Not Taken," all
         in a handsome  wood  frame under glass with a total  size  of
         21" x 17".  The  full text of the letter, addressed to a  Mr.
         Vance,  is: "The warmth of your letter gives me a real reason
         this time  for complying with this sort of request.  Anything
         more I  can  do,  more  or less important,  to  deserve  your
         friendship  please  let  me know."  SIGNED  "Sincerely  yours
         Robert Frost." Fine, beautiful presentation.         $2500.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.  Postage additional:  $25.00.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost. Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax.  Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted.  Books may be returned within 7 days of receipt for any reason provided they are in the same condition as sent and prior notice is given. Please insure returns for their full value.  We carry a diverse stock with major specialties including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Autographed Books, and Limited Editions Club books.  We are proud to be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) as well as the International Autograph Dealers Alliance (IADA), the Manuscript Society, and the Universal Autograph Collectors Club (UACC).  Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings.  Thank you.

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent