[Rarebooks] Mill's AUTOBIOGRAPHY

Schaberg at aol.com Schaberg at aol.com
Tue Feb 3 09:12:43 EST 2004

John Stuart Mill: AUTOBIOGRAPHY, Longmans, Green, Reader and Dyer, London,
1873. FIRST EDITION, SECOND ISSUE (the erratum did not appear in the first
issue). 1 blank leaf + half-title + TP + [v]-vi + [1]-313 + 1 leaf = erratum + 1
leaf = 2 pages of ads, Octavo.

Contemporary three-line pencil inscription in top/right corner of title page
dated "Xmas 1873". Original green publisher's binding with top and bottom of
the spine bumped and very lightly chipped. Near very good.

$175.

PHOTOS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST

William H. Schaberg
Athena Rare Books
424 Riverside Drive
Fairfield CT 06824 USA

ph: 203-254-3125
fax: 203-254-3518
schaberg at aol.com

All items are offered subject to prior sale. All items are guaranteed as
described. We are willing to hold items for seven days. Items for any reason
unsatisfactory may be returned within ten days of receipt, with prior notice. Any
returns must be well packaged and sent in a traceable manner. Additional
insurance is not required for a return shipment. We accept checks (in U.S. currency)
and wire transfers. Connecticut residents please add appropriate sales tax.
Payment in advance is required for first time clients. We can offer deferred
billing to institutions. Shipping is not included in the book price. Minimum
domestic ground shipping is $5.00, with larger orders at cost. International air
and surface shipments at cost. Title to all material remains with Athena Rare
Books until receipt of payment in full.