[Rarebooks] FS: Will Rogers, Thurber

Gerard Gormley gerard at shore.net
Sat Jan 3 16:40:17 EST 2004

For your kind consideration

ABSTRACTS

O'Brien, P.J~.  WILL ROGERS: Ambassador of Good Will, Prince of
Wit and Wisdom~.  No publisher or place, 1935 (copyrighted in UK,
printed in USA).  This unidentified edition Very hard to find.
Possible First Printing thus.

Thurber, James~.  MEN, WOMEN AND DOGS: a Book of Drawings~.  NY
NY, USA: Harcourt, Brace, 1943.  First Edition.

DETAILS

O'Brien, P.J~.  WILL ROGERS: Ambassador of Good Will, Prince of
Wit and Wisdom~.  No publisher or place, 1935 (copyrighted in UK,
printed in USA).  Keywords: this unidentified edition Very hard
to find -- Biography -- Illustrated (photos) -- English language.
Possible First Printing thus (No Additional Printings indicated).
Hardcover.  No dust jacket.  288 pages: black/white photographs
throughout.  Binding height: 9-1/4".  Full cloth, pictorial
black-stamping, top leaf-edges tinted.  Book Good to Very Good:
company name stamped on front fixed end paper, light to moderate
bumping & rubbing to fore-corners & spine-top/bottom, spine faded
& slightly cocked (title still fresh, though).  Binding strong &
tight, insides Fine. [Shipping weight: 1.75 lb.].  [Digital JPEG
image available on request].  2089~.  US$70-

Thurber, James~.  MEN, WOMEN AND DOGS: a Book of Drawings~.  NY
NY, USA: Harcourt, Brace, 1943.  Keywords: Art (humor) --
Illustrated -- English language.  First Edition (so stated on
copyright-page).  Hardcover.  No dust jacket.  211 pages:
black/white captioned Thurber drawings throughout.  Binding
height: 9-1/2".  Black full cloth.  Book Very Good to Near Fine:
light bumping & rubbing to spine-top/bottom, light rubbing to
fore-corners, barely visible spot (3/8" diameter) to front.
Binding strong & tight, insides Fine.  [Shipping weight: 1.75
lb.].  [Digital JPEG image available on request].  2092~.
US$50-

                Gerard Gormley Books
                COLLECTIBLE BOOKS -- USED & RARE
                7 Washington Street
                Manchester-by-the-Sea MA 01944-1528 (USA)
                TEL: 978-526-7351
               E-mail: gerard at shore.net
                http://www.shore.net/~gerard
Please note that my descriptions are brutally frank; if anything,
I want you pleasantly surprised by my books.  JPEG digital images
available on request.   I accept MasterCard, Visa, & Discover cards;
also checks & money orders, payable to Gerard Gormley Books, in
US funds drawn on US banks.  (I bill institutions.)  Full refund for
books returned in as-shipped condition within 2 weeks of ship-date;
if my fault, I also reimburse you for return postage.  I ship in 24 hours.
Shipment value $50 or less, weight  2 lb. or less: Priority $6 first book,
$3 each additional.  Media Mail $4 most books.  Over $50, preceding
plus insurance, quoted at order entry.  Shipping also quoted for books
over 2 lb. & foreign addresses.  Please email or telephone to hold.  I
hold books 10 days for collectors, 3 weeks for dealers.  I appreciate
your business & aim to satisfy you in every way.
         Incoming & outgoing mail is certified Virus Free
         by Norton System Works 2002.