[Rarebooks] FS: 2 on Hydraulics

Gerard Gormley gerard at shore.net
Wed May 12 18:31:15 EDT 2004

For your kind consideration ---

Hughes, Hector J. & Arthur T. Safford~.  A TREATISE ON
HYDRAULICS~.  NY NY, USA: The Macmillan Company, 1935.  Keywords:
By no means numerous -- Out of Print -- Illustrated --
Illustrated (photos) -- Non-Fiction -- Science & Technology --
Engineering, Hydraulics, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering,
Physics, Canals, Fluid Dynamics, Fluids, Hydromechanics -- Book
contents include History of Hydraulics, Introduction, Fluid
Pressure, Fluid Pressures of Varying Intensity, Equilibrium of
Floating Solids, Fundamental Principles of Hydromechanics, Flow
of Water, the Pitot Tube, Piezometers, the Pitometer, the Venturi
Meter, Orifices, Special Forms of Orifices, Nozzles and Fire
Hose, Weirs, Float and Current Meter Measurements, Flow of Water
in Pipes and Conduits, the Flow of Water in Open Channels,
Dynamic Action of Flowing Water, Water Wheels and Pumps -- Tipped
in at rear is fold-out log diagram for computing flow of water in
open channels by Chezy, & Cutter formulas -- English language.
Revised & abridged by Safford.  Jackson and Hedrick, Editors.
Hardcover.  No dust jacket.  374 pages: Appendix, Index, black &
white photographs & illustrations throughout.  Binding height: 8-
7/8".   Publisher's full cloth, spine gold-stamped.  Book Very
Good: penciled notes on front free end paper, moderate bumping &
rubbing to fore-corners & spine-top/bottom, gilt faded, 2 small
ink blots front & back.  Binding strong & tight, insides Fine.
[Digital JPEG image (2.25) available on request].  2266~.
US$60.-

Williams, Gardner S. & Allen Hazen~.  HYDRAULIC TABLES: The
Elements of Gagings and the Friction of Water Flowing in Pipes,
Aqueducts, Sewers, etc. as Determined by the Hazen and Williams
Formula and the Flow of Water over Sharp-edged and Irregular
Weirs, and the Quantity Discharged as Determined by Bazin's
Formula and Experimental Investigations upon Large Models~.  NY
NY, USA: John Wiley & Sons, 1937.  Keywords: Hard to find -- Out
of Print -- Illustrated -- Illustrated (photos) -- Non-Fiction --
Science & Technology -- English language.  Third Edition,
Revised.  Hardcover.  No dust jacket.  115 pages: black & white
photographs (frontis) & illustrations (throughout).  Binding
height: 9-1/4".   Publisher's blue full pebbled cloth, decorative
blind-stamping to front, spine gold-stamped.  Book Very Good to
Near Fine: heavy bumping to bottom fore-corners (moderate to
spine-top/bottom).  Cloth & gold-stamping beautiful, binding
strong & tight, insides Fine.   [Digital JPEG image (1.75)
available on request].  2269~.  US$60.-

                Gerard Gormley Books
                COLLECTIBLE BOOKS -- USED & RARE
                7 Washington Street
                Manchester-by-the-Sea MA 01944-1528 (USA)
                TEL: 978-526-7351
               E-mail: gerard at shore.net
                http://www.shore.net/~gerard
Please note that my descriptions are brutally frank; if anything,
I want you pleasantly surprised by my books.  JPEG digital images
available on request.   I accept MasterCard, Visa, & Discover cards;
also checks & money orders, payable to Gerard Gormley Books, in
US funds drawn on US banks.  (I bill institutions.)  Full refund for
books returned in as-shipped condition within 2 weeks of ship-date;
if my fault, I also reimburse you for return postage.  I ship in 24 hours.
Shipment value $50 or less, weight  2 lb. or less: Priority $7 first book,
$3.50 each additional.  Media Mail $4 most books.  Over $50, preceding
plus insurance, quoted at order entry.  Shipping also quoted for books
over 2 lb. & foreign addresses.  Please email or telephone to hold.  I
hold books 10 days for collectors, 3 weeks for dealers.  I appreciate
your business & aim to satisfy you in every way.
         Incoming & outgoing mail is certified Virus Free
         by Norton System Works 2002.