[Rarebooks] FS: First Edition of A CONFEDERACY OF DUNCES

charles agvent agvent at erols.com
Tue May 25 10:28:58 EDT 2004

              TOOLE,  John  Kennedy.  A CONFEDERACY OF  DUNCES.  Baton
          Rouge:  Louisiana  State  Univ. Press  1980.  First  Edition.
          Foreword  by  Walker  Percy.  Scarce first  book,  the  first
          printing  consisting of a mere 2500 copies, and winner of the
          Pulitzer  Prize.  An uncommon Review Copy with two  different
          mimeo letters   from  an  editor  at   Grove  Press  laid  in
          announcing  the  hardcover publication by LSU Press in  March
          and stating  that  Grove  Press has  acquired  the  paperback
          reprint  rights.  We have handled two Review Copies  of  this
          marvelously  funny  novel in the past, but this is the  first
          with material  from Grove Press that we have encountered.  In
          an attractive   example  of  the   first  issue  dustwrapper,
          price-clipped  with only trivial wear to the spine tips and a
          short closed  tear  on  the rear panel near the  spine.  Near
          Fine in  a Near Fine, price-clipped first issue  dustwrapper.
                                                               $3500

--
All books subject to prior sale.  Payment with order; institutions may
be billed. Postage additional: $8.  Overseas postage billed at
approximate cost.  Pennsylvania residents must add 6% sales tax.
Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted.  We are also
open to reasonable payment terms.  A book may be returned within 7
days of receipt for any reason provided it is in the same condition as
sent and prior notice is given.  Please insure returns for their full
value.  We carry a select and diverse stock with major specialties
including Modern and 19th Century Literary First Editions, Signed
Books & Autographs, and Limited Editions Club books.  We are proud to
be members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America
(ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB)
as well as the International Autograph Dealers Alliance (IADA), the
Manuscript Society, and the Universal Autograph Collectors Club
(UACC).  Please feel free to contact us with any wants or offerings.
Thank you.

610-682-4750; FAX: 610-682-4620
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page: http://www.erols.com/agvent