[Rarebooks] FS: 1 Farming, 1 non-farm Soil Uses

Gerard Gormley gerard at shore.net
Sat Oct 23 19:18:45 EDT 2004

For your kind consideration ---

ABSTRACTS

YEARBOOK OF U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, 1903~.  Washington:
U.S. Printing Office, 1904.  By no means numerous -- 65 plates,
many in beautiful color, + 54 in-text figures.  First Printing.

EARTH MANUAL: A guide to the use of soils as foundations and as
construction materials for hydraulic structures~.  Denver: Dept.
Of the Interior, 1963.  Very, very hard to find -- profusely
illustrated, including fold-outs & photos.  First Edition,
Revised Reprint.

DETAILS

Various Authors~.  YEARBOOK OF THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF
AGRICULTURE, 1903~.  Washington DC, USA: U.S. Printing Office,
1904.  Keywords: By no means numerous -- 65 plates, many in
beautiful color, + 54 in-text figures  - Education -- Farming --
Illustrated -- Illustrated (photos) -- Non-Fiction -- Politics &
Government -- Science & Technology -- English language.  First
Printing (NAP).  Hardcover.  No dust jacket (none issued).  728
pages: Appendix, Index, 65 plates, many in beautiful color, + 54
in-text figures.  Binding height: 9-1/4".   Publisher's decorative
(blind-stamped) full cloth, spine gilt.  Book Very Good: old
bookseller price penned on front free end paper; moderate bumping
& rubbing to fore-corners, back fore-edge, & spine-top/bottom;
moderate spotting to front, spine, & back; spine gilt half faded,
light soiling to leaf-edges; plates xix & xx unbound but intact.
Binding o/w strong & tight, insides o/w Fine.  [Digital JPEG
image (4) available on request].  [On first floor with other
Dept. Agriculture books].  2445~.  US$80.-

Various Authors~.  EARTH MANUAL: A guide to the use of soils as
foundations and as construction materials for hydraulic
structures~.  Denver CO, USA: Dept. Of the Interior, 1963.
as foundations and as construction materials for hydraulic
structures -- profusely illustrated, including fold-outs & photos
-- Education -- Farming -- Illustrated -- Illustrated (photos) --
Non-Fiction -- Politics & Government -- Science & Technology --
English language.  First Edition, Revised Reprint.  Hardcover
(flexible boards).  No dust jacket (none issued).  783 pages:
Appendix, Index, b&w photos & illustrations throughout.  Binding
height: 7-3/8".   Publisher's full cloth.  Book Very Good to Near
Fine: front gilt half faded, nearly altogether spine, rusty paper
clip impression leaf 561-2.  Binding strong & tight, insides o/w
Fine. [Digital JPEG image (2.25) available on request].  [On
first floor with Dept. Agriculture books].  2444~.  US$90.-

                Gerard Gormley Books
                COLLECTIBLE BOOKS -- USED & RARE
                7 Washington Street
                Manchester-by-the-Sea MA 01944-1528 (USA)
                TEL: 978-526-7351
               E-mail: gerard at shore.net
                http://www.shore.net/~gerard
Please note that my descriptions are brutally frank; if anything,
I want you pleasantly surprised by my books.  JPEG digital images
available on request.   I accept MasterCard, Visa, & Discover cards;
also checks & money orders, payable to Gerard Gormley Books, in
US funds drawn on US banks.  (I bill institutions.)  Full refund for
books returned in as-shipped condition within 2 weeks of ship-date;
if my fault, I also reimburse you for return postage.  I ship in 24 hours.
Shipment value $50 or less, weight  2 lb. or less: Priority $7 first book,
$3.50 each additional.  Media Mail $4 most books.  Over $50, preceding
plus insurance, quoted at order entry.  Shipping also quoted for books
over 2 lb. & foreign addresses.  Please email or telephone to hold.  I
hold books 10 days for collectors, 3 weeks for dealers.  I appreciate
your business & aim to satisfy you in every way.
         Incoming & outgoing mail is certified Virus Free
         by Norton System Works 2002.