[Rarebooks] FS: Madame Carroy's "Etude & Recreation"

Norman Kane nkane at kanebooks.com
Fri Apr 8 19:11:37 EDT 2005

We can offer:

CARROY, Mme [JULIE].  ETUDE ET RECREATION OU L'INTERIEUR D'UN PENSIONNAT.
OUVRAGE DIVISE EN TRENTE JOURNEES, CONTENANT PLUSIEURS HISTOIRES MORALES ET
INSTRUCTIVES.  DEDIE AUX JEUNES DEMOISELLES.   Paris: Parmantier,
1825.  Original gilt-decorated calf, scuffed and  somewhat worn, marbled
edges, marbled end papers.    Frontispiece & 5 plates.  8, 327
pages.  Manuscript prize award on fly leaf to Mlle Johnson from her
teacher, N.Y., 1826.  Oval label of the early N.Y.C. booksellers Berard &
Mondon, dealers in foreign language books.  An attractive work for young
women which we do not find in either OCLC or RLin.
$175.00

THE AMERICANIST (ABAA), 1525 Shenkel Road, Pottstown, Pa, USA,
19465-7221.Telephone: 610 323 5289. email: nkane at kanebooks.com.
Fax (When in the office) 610 323 0885
Proprietor: Norman Kane (50 years as an antiquarian bookseller.)
We accept visa, mastercard, checks (in US funds drawn on a US bank),
cash (by registered mail) and money orders.
Postage is charged at approximate cost. Institutions may be billed. A
courtesy discount is extended to bona fide book dealers. Pennsylvania
residents who are not tax-exempt should expect to pay the 6% State Sales
Tax. Returns are accepted within 10 days of receipt of books; we ask that
you notify us and pack the item well and insure it.