[Rarebooks] FS: Early Italian Music

Kaaterskill Books books at kaaterskillbooks.com
Sat Apr 9 14:31:51 EDT 2005

We offer for Sale:

Liuzzi, Fernando.  LA LAUDA E I PRIMORDI DELLA MELODIA ITALIANA. [Two
Volumes]. [Roma]: Libreria dello Stato, Anno XIII (1935).  Frontis,
xx, 484 pp., [3]; frontis, vii, 429 pp., [3]. Illus. with 4 color
plates accompanied by tissue guards with descriptive letterpress &
b/w reproductions. Folio. (36 cm). Full gray cloth with brown and
gilt spine labels.  First printing.

  #476 of a limited edition of 500 copies. Plates are reproductions of
miniatures from the original manuscripts. Includes bibliographical
references. A scarce but essential work on early Italian music.
Contents: Vol. I. Albori della lirica musicale in Italia. Le melodie
de Laudario 91 di Cortona. Le melodie del Laudario II, I, 122 di
Firenze. Laude di Garzo, di Jacopone, di Ugo Panziera. Notazione e
trascrizione. La melodia italiana fino all' "ars nova". Monumenti: Il
Laudario 91 di Cortona; facsimili, trascrizioni, testi e note. II.
Monumenti: Vol. Il. Laudario magliabechiano II, I, 122 di Firenze;
facsimili, trascrizioni, testi e note.

Very good copies, boards and edges finger-soiled otherwise clean and
firmly bound with bright plates.  [25877]  $1000.00

http://www.kaaterskillbooks.com/img/25877.jpg

Regards,

Charles Kutcher
Kaaterskill Books
P.O. Box 122
East Jewett, NY 12424.
Phone: 518-589-0555.
Email: books at kaaterskillbooks.com
Member of I. O. B. A.

TERMS:

Call or email us to reserve a book. We accept checks, money orders,
American Express, Mastercard, and Visa. Foreign orders should be in
U.S. funds on a U.S. bank. New York residents please add appropriate
sales tax or forward a tax id number. Libraries and Institutions can
be billed. Trade allowance. Postage for Domestic orders is $6.50 for
the first book and $2.00 for each additional volume. Books are
normally shipped USPS Priority Mail. For international orders,
postage is calculated individually. All books may be returned in
original condition for any reason within two weeks with prior
notification.