[Rarebooks] fs: "Flat Top Ranch" inscribed by Jeff Dykes

Norman Kane nkane at kanebooks.com
Sat Apr 16 14:54:22 EDT 2005

We can offer:

FLAT TOP RANCH, THE STORY OF A GRASSLAND VENTURE.  EDITED BY B. W. ALLRED &
J[EFF] C. DYKES.  [WITH CHAPTERS] BY LOUIS BROMFIELD . . .            [ET
AL.]  Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, (1957).  First
printing.  Original silver-stamped cloth, bright, in a somewhat worn
pictorial dust wrapper (d.w. has 1-inch piece missing from top of spine and
a tear along the upped edge with slight loss.)  Illustrated.
With a 10-line inscription from Dykes signed "Jeff": ". . . My Dad ran some
cows on a part of this ranch in the 1880's and it was one of my favorite
dove hunting spots . . . It is the first account of a truly conservation
treated ranch in book form."  Also laid in is a reprint of a pamphlet by
Dykes, "A Second Look at Flat Top Water," 1958, signed "Jeff".
A unique association copy of Texas interest.  $175.00

THE AMERICANIST (ABAA), 1525 Shenkel Road, Pottstown, Pa, USA,
19465-7221.Telephone: 610 323 5289. email: nkane at kanebooks.com.