[Rarebooks] FS: 2 vintage novels

Gerard Gormley gerard at shore.net
Sat Apr 16 16:41:23 EDT 2005

For your kind consideration

Crawford, F. Marion~.  ADAM JOHNSTONE'S SON~.  NY NY, USA &
London UK: Macmillan, 1896.  Keywords: Antiquarian (100+ years)
  - Illustrated (24 b&w plates) -- Fiction -- English language.
First (SD + NAP).  Hardcover.  No DJ (none issued).  Publisher's
full mottled red/brown cloth, front board has elaborate gilt
decoration (fountain, trees & arch) signed G.W.E (George Wharton
Edwards) -- spine also gilt-decorated, 10 pages of ads in back.
7-1/2" tall.  Book VG-NF: light bumping & rubbing to fore-corners
& spine-top/bottom, slight spine-cock.  Cloth color & gilt bright
& beautiful.  [DIGITAL JPEG IMAGE (2) AVAILABLE PROMPTLY ON
REQUEST]. [AMORY]  B102J~.  US$60.-

Wright, Harold Bell~.  THE CALLING OF DAN MATTHEWS~.   Chicago
IL, USA: Book Supply Co. 1909.   Keywords: 4 b&w plates by Arthur
I. Keller -- 3 pages of ads at back -- Illustrated -- Fiction --
English language.  First (PuMY + SD).  Hardcover.  No DJ (none
issued).  Publisher's red full cloth, gold-stamped.  7-3/4" tall.
Book VG: moderate to heavy bumping & rubbing to fore-corners &
spine-top/bottom, spine slightly faded, light rubbing to front &
back.  [DIGITAL JPEG IMAGE (2) AVAILABLE PROMPTLY ON REQUEST].
[AMORY]  H102J~.  US$50.-

                Gerard Gormley Books
                COLLECTIBLE BOOKS -- USED & RARE
                7 Washington Street
                Manchester-by-the-Sea MA 01944-1528 (USA)
                TEL: 978-526-7351
                E-mail: gerard at shore.net
                http://www.shore.net/~gerard
NEW!!  My web-site master catalog now includes a search engine,
secure ordering, and currency conversion.
        Please note that my descriptions are brutally frank; if anything,
I want you pleasantly surprised by my books.  JPEG digital images
available on request.   I accept MasterCard, Visa & PayPal; also checks &
money orders, payable to Gerard Gormley Books, in US funds drawn
on US banks.  (I bill institutions.)  Full refund for books returned in
as-shipped condition within 2 weeks of ship-date; if my fault, I also
reimburse you for return postage.  I ship in 24 hours.  Shipment value
$50 or less, weight  2 lb. or less: Priority $7 first book, $3.50 each
additional.  Media Mail $4 most books, $2 each additional.  Over $50,
preceding plus insurance, quoted at order entry.  Shipping also quoted
for books over 2 lb. & foreign addresses.  Please email or telephone to
hold.  I hold books 10 days for collectors, 3 weeks for dealers.  I
appreciate your business & aim to satisfy you in every way.
         Incoming & outgoing mail is certified Virus Free
         by Norton System Works 2002.