[Rarebooks] FS: 2 Medical Books

Gerard Gormley gerard at shore.net
Thu Apr 28 17:40:50 EDT 2005

For your kind consideration ---

Gray, Henry (Edited by T. Pickering Pick)~.  ANATOMY, Descriptive
and Surgical~.  Philadelphia PA, USA: Lea Brothers, 1897.
English language.  A new edition, thoroughly revised by American
authorities, from the thirteenth English edition.  Hardcover.  No
DJ (none issued).  Publisher's full leather, black & gilt spine
label.  10-1/2" tall.  1249,16 (ads) pages: 772 illustrations
(some hand-tinted, many new), Index.  VG: leather moderately
rubbed, bottom of spine label torn (some loss), front free end
paper 2/3 torn away, doctor's bookplate & stamps to front fixed
end paper & first flyleaf, end papers split at hinges (but hinges
still strong).  Binding strong & tight, insides Fine.  [DIGITAL
JPEG IMAGE (7) AVAILABLE PROMPTLY ON REQUEST].  [CATTON]  D384E~.
US$150.-

Lang, Hugo (Revised and Edited by Milton K. Meyers)~.  LANG'S
GERMAN-ENGLISH DICTIONARY OF TERMS USED IN MEDICINE AND THE
ALLIED SCIENCES~.  Philadelphia PA, USA: P. Blakiston's Son,
1913.  Keywords: By no means numerous  - Medicine -- English
language.  Reprint (First published 1905 in London).  First thus
(SD).  Hardcover.  No DJ (none issued).  Publisher's full
textured cloth, front & back blind-stamped, spine gold-stamped.
9-1/2" tall.  Vii,564 (+ ads) pages.  VG-NF: spine a bit faded,
name penned on first flyleaf, light bumping & rubbing to
fore-corners & spine-bottom (moderate to spine-top).  [DIGITAL
JPEG IMAGE (3.5) AVAILABLE PROMPTLY ON REQUEST].  [CATTON]
E384E~.  US$50.-

                Gerard Gormley Books
                COLLECTIBLE BOOKS -- USED & RARE
                7 Washington Street
                Manchester-by-the-Sea MA 01944-1528 (USA)
                TEL: 978-526-7351
                E-mail: gerard at shore.net
                http://www.shore.net/~gerard
NEW!!  My web-site master catalog now includes a search engine,
secure ordering, and currency conversion.
        Please note that my descriptions are brutally frank; if anything,
I want you pleasantly surprised by my books.  JPEG digital images
available on request.   I accept MasterCard, Visa & PayPal; also checks &
money orders, payable to Gerard Gormley Books, in US funds drawn
on US banks.  (I bill institutions.)  Full refund for books returned in
as-shipped condition within 2 weeks of ship-date; if my fault, I also
reimburse you for return postage.  I ship in 24 hours.  Shipment value
$50 or less, weight  2 lb. or less: Priority $7 first book, $3.50 each
additional.  Media Mail $4 most books, $2 each additional.  Over $50,
preceding plus insurance, quoted at order entry.  Shipping also quoted
for books over 2 lb. & foreign addresses.  Please email or telephone to
hold.  I hold books 10 days for collectors, 3 weeks for dealers.  I
appreciate your business & aim to satisfy you in every way.
         Incoming & outgoing mail is certified Virus Free
         by Norton System Works 2002.