[Rarebooks] FS: Atkinson. Journal of an Expedition to the Feroe and Westman Islands and Iceland 1833

Isabel's Books mclcbooks at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 17 23:14:01 EDT 2005

I am pleased to offer the following title:

Atkinson, George Clayton. Edited and with an introduction by A. V. Seaton. Journal of an Expedition to the Feroe and Westman Islands of Iceland, 1833. Newcastle upon Tyne: The Bewick-Beaufort Press, 1989. 4to. Quarter leather with marbled paper-covered boards. Gilt lettering and rule. Raised bands on spine. aeg. xlvi, 187 pages. In a very slightly scuffed slipcase. Limited to 875 copies, of which this is number 195. Only 15 copies in OCLC WorldCat, which seems low for an edition this large. Signed by the editor. The first of a two-volume edition (though I can find no record of volume 2 anywhere) of the illustrated travel journals of George Clayton Anderson, published for the first time from a privately held manuscript. Contains some of the earliest eyewitness accounts by an Englishman of the Faroes and Iceland. Illustrated with 33 reproductions of Atkinson’s watercolor illustrations along with 8 maps. Fine. $150.00 postpaid.

Terms of sale:  All items are offered subject to prior sale.  Quoted shipping is media rate in the United States. For other methods of shipping, contact me for a price.  I accept payment by credit card (Mastercard or Visa), check, money order, or Paypal.  All items may be returned for any reason within 10 days of receipt.  If you do choose to return something, please pack it carefully and notify me before shipping.

Michael

Michael Levine-Clark
Isabel's Books
mclcbooks at yahoo.com
http://www.iobabooks.com/bookstores/mclcbooks.html

Member, Independent Online Booksellers' Association (IOBA)
http://www.ioba.org