[Rarebooks] fs: Best-Dressed Miners

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Mon Aug 22 07:22:56 EDT 2005

Greetings All,

For your consideration:
~
(No. 7841 )  Harvey, Katherine A.. THE BEST-DRESSED MINERS: LIFE AND LABOR
IN THE MARYLAND COAL REGION, 1835-1910.
Ithaca: Cornell University Press, (1969). First printing, Full cloth,
Octavo, xiv, 488 pages, Black & white prints, tables, fold-out map. Fine in
a fine dust jacket, Jacket in Mylar protector.
      Focuses on the workers in the small coal-mining regions of western
Maryland to paint a richly detailed and carefully researched American labor
and social history. Based on contemporary newspapers, official documents,
company reports, and manuscript collections. Includes numerous tables, five
appendices, notes section, and a good bibliography. Bound in grey cloth over
boards with black-stamped spine titles. A few faint specks of foxing to
endpapers, top edge of textblock slightly dusty. Jacket has a few tiny edge
rubs and touch of faint soil to rear panel.    $100.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/7841.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $3.50 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. International shipments or other carriers at cost. Payment accepted
by credit card (V,MC,Amex, Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php