[Rarebooks] fs: Gauguin. Noa Noa, 1st ed.

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Fri Aug 26 11:56:48 EDT 2005

Greetings All,

Offered here first, today only:
~
Gauguin, Paul (translated from the French by O. F. Theis). Noa Noa.
New York: Nicholas L. Brown, 1919. First edition, Octavo, Hardcover, 148
pages plus ads., black & white plates after Gauguin. Very good.
    Gauguin's illustrated journal of his two year immersion in Tahitian
culture and Maori mythology. Ten black & white plates. Quarter bound in grey
cloth over boards with dark brown paper sides, untrimmed textblock edges,
dark brown, black-lettered title label laid onto spine. Brief prior owner
inscription on front free endpaper, some light foxing to endpapers, a few
leaves roughly opened with two 1/2" to 1" fore edge tears to two leaves.
Small edge chips to spine label, some minor external soil. Hinges not
cracked. Solid copy. See photos:
http://www.backcreekbooks.com/temp/98.jpg
http://www.backcreekbooks.com/temp/98a.jpg
http://www.backcreekbooks.com/temp/98b.jpg
http://www.backcreekbooks.com/temp/98c.jpg
http://www.backcreekbooks.com/temp/98d.jpg

$75 net ppd USPS Media Mail within the U.S.A., actual postage elsewhere or
otherwise.

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Payment
accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex, Discover), check, money order, or
PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php