[Rarebooks] fs: Three Years in the Federal Cavalry

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Sat Aug 27 11:45:55 EDT 2005

Greetings All,

For your consideration:
~
(No. 7761 )  Glazier, Willard [Worchester] (1841-1905). THREE YEARS IN THE
FEDERAL CAVALRY.
New York: R. H. Ferguson & Company, Publishers, 1870. First printing, Full
cloth, Duodecimo, xviii, [19]-339 pages, Black & white plates. Good.
      Glazier's memoir of the 2d New York Cavalry is very descriptive of
incidents of a cavalryman's life in camp and on the march. He gives
excellent accounts of his unit's part in Pope's campaign, the battles of
Chancelorsville, Yorktown, Brandy Station, Gettysburg, and much more.
Glazier was captured by the Confederates in October of 1863 at the Battle of
Buckland Mills, Virginia. Well illustrated. Tissue-guarded frontispiece
portrait of Glazier, tissue-guarded plate showing Union Cavalry commanders,
plus 8 other plates. Ref: EICHER #481; DORBUSCH Vol. I, Part II #85; NEVINS,
CWB Vol. I, p. 94. Bound in original lavender cloth over bevelled boards
with gilt and black stamped spine and upper board lettering and decorations,
dark brown endpapers. Fading to spine, shallow chipping along board edges,
spotting to cloth on both boards. Loss of top 1" of cloth on half of spine
head. Prior owner bookplate on front pastedown. Interior near fine.
$200.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/7761.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $3.50 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. International shipments or other carriers at cost. Payment accepted
by credit card (V,MC,Amex, Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php