[Rarebooks] For Sale: Monumental Report on London Traffic

Norman Kane nkane at kanebooks.com
Sun Dec 4 15:24:05 EST 2005

We can supply:

ROYAL COMMISSION ON LONDON TRAFFIC. REPORT . . . UPON THE MEANS OF
LOCOMOTION & TRANSPORT IN  LONDON. PRESENTED TO BOTH HOUSES OF
PARLIAMENT. . .   London: Printed for H. M. Stationery
Office by Wyman & Sons, 1905 -1906.  8 large folio volumes in  plain cloth,
shelf numbers, library bookplates, &c, 2 bindings with some damage
due to the weight of these tomes.  Replete with maps, diagrams,
plans, drawings, photos,
&c.  (I: Report; 2: Evidence; 3: Appendices to 2; 4: Appendices to Report;
5: Maps & diagrams; 6: maps & diagrams; 7: Engineers' Reports; 8: Appendix
to 7.)  (Street traffic, subways, trams, &c. So, exactly 100 years
ago, they had a plan; judging from  London traffic today, it was not
a hundred years plan.)  UNCOMMON.   $450.00 (Again, these are heavy
tomes, with shipping cost
accordingly.)

THE AMERICANIST (ABAA), 1525 Shenkel Road, Pottstown, Pa, USA,
19465-7221.Telephone: 610 323 5289. email: nkane at kanebooks.com.
Fax (When in the office) 610 323 0885
Proprietor: Norman Kane (50 years as an antiquarian bookseller.)
We accept visa, mastercard, checks (in US funds drawn on a US bank),
cash (by registered mail) and money orders.
Postage is charged at approximate cost. Institutions may be billed. A
courtesy discount is extended to bona fide book dealers.