[Rarebooks] FS: 2 books on watermarks

Isabel's Books mclcbooks at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 28 23:05:39 EST 2005

For sale: Two reference works providing detailed information about and examples of watermarks.

Bofarull y Sans, Don Francisco de. Translated by A. J. Henschel. Heraldic Watermarks or La Heráldica en la Filigrana del Papel. Hilversum: The Paper Publications Society, 1956. Marbled paper wrappers with diamond-shaped paper cover label. 4to. 22 pages and 16 pages of plates showing 129 examples of watermarks. Reprint of the 1901 edition. Limited to 450 copies, of which this is number 312. In original mailing envelope. Near Fine. $75.00 postpaid.

Gravell, Thomas L. and George Miller. A Catalogue of American Watermarks, 1690-1835. New York and London: Garland, 1979. Green cloth. 4to. xxiv, 230 pages. Illustrated examples of 734 watermarks and detailed information about 200 mills. Bibliography, name and subject index. Near Fine. $50.00 postpaid.

Terms of sale:  All items are offered subject to prior sale.  Quoted shipping is media rate in the United States. For other methods of shipping, contact me for a price.  I accept payment by credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or American Express), check, money order, or Paypal.  I will bill libraries. All items may be returned for any reason within 10 days of receipt.  If you do choose to return something, please pack it carefully and notify me before shipping.

Michael

Michael Levine-Clark
Isabel's Books
mclcbooks at yahoo.com
http://www.isabelsbooks.com
Member, Independent Online Booksellers' Association (IOBA)