[Rarebooks] FS: Superb Frank Sinatra Signed Letter: "the calendar is kinder to Italians"

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Wed Feb 23 07:26:16 EST 2005

SINATRA,  Frank. TYPED LETTER SIGNED. A wonderful letter
          of @175  words on Sinatra's personal stationery and dated  19
          July 1986,  Maui, Hawaii, to Jay Richard Kennedy who in  1966
          was appointed  vice president of Sinatra Enterprises and  who
          remained  a  friend of Sinatra's. The celebrated  singer  and
          actor congratulates  Kennedy on his 75th birthday noting that
          he is 48  and  commenting  that "the calendar  is  kinder  to
          Italians!"  In  part: "Okay, that's the funny stuff. Now  let
          me say  firstly, I love you for so many reasons it is  almost
          difficult  to name them here; but a few may suffice, i.e. you
          are a mensch  from top to bottom; you never walked away  from
          a problem,  either yours or a friend's; you are so bright and
          astute  regarding any subject or situation that sometimes you
          scare me  with your knowledge." Sinatra, arguably the  single
          greatest  interpreter of American popular music, was also  an
          accomplished  actor appearing in THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN  ARM
          and GUYS  AND  DOLLS  among  many other fine  films  and  the
          winner  of  numerous awards, including a  Congressional  Gold
          Medal.  SIGNED as "Francis Albert," the signature he used for
          close friends.  Beware  of  the   many  secretarially  signed
          Sinatra  items  on  the  market! Normal  creases.  Fine  with
          envelope. A remarkable letter!                        $750.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.
Postage additional:  $7.00 for the first book, $3.50 each thereafter.  Overseas

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent