[Rarebooks] [BI] Free Bookstore counter, free reference books, piano, more!!

Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA office at joslinhall.com
Sun Jul 31 11:15:25 EDT 2005

ANY (or all) of the following items are FREE!

The catch? None can be shipped. All must be picked up, in Concord,
Massachusetts, on or before  Thursday August 11th.

----------------------------------

BEAUTIFUL MAPLE BOOKSTORE COUNTER
<http://www.joslinhall.com/graphics/counter.jpg>

Nice 10 foot-long maple bookstore counter

This is a very solid, very heavy 10 foot-long maple store counter with a
green formica-type top, perfect for a bookstore. In fact, about 20 years
ago I bought it from a bookstore in Boston's Fanueil Hall Marketplace and
used it in our shop. For the last 10 years it has been sitting in the
garage, storing books. The rear of the counter has two drawers and lots of

storage space with tracks for shelving. The condition is pretty good- there
is some scuffing to the front, as you can see in the photo, and a few dings
and scuffs to the counter top. It is quite heavy and the buyer must pick it
up in Concord, Massachusetts.

---------------------------------

Shillaber, Caroline [et al]. CATALOGUE OF THE LIBRARY OF THE GRADUATE
SCHOOL OF DESIGN. HARVARD UNIVERSITY. Boston; G.K. Hall & Co.:1968. The
library was founded in the late 19th century to serve the School of
Architecture. First focused on traditional and classical works, it was
expanded as the 20th century progressed to include modern architecture,
garden design and landscape architecture, city planning, housing, etc.
Hardcover.   46 volumes, comprising the original set of 1-44, plus the 2
volume "First Supplement". 10.5"x14", an ex-institutional set with spine
labels, stamps, etc., but fairly unworn and certainly ready to use.

<http://www.joslinhall.com/images/th-29344.jpg>

----------------------------------

BEAUTIFUL ANTIQUE ROSEWOOD SQUARE GRAND PIANO

<http://www.joslinhall.com/Misc-images/chickering.jpg>

A c.1870 Chickering "square grand" piano in working condition, though not
tuned.

-----------------------------------

ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITANNICA 1974 edition, about 30 volumes (complete) with
yearly supplements.

-----------------------------------

DP MAGNUM 1000 bench-press / weight lifting set.

-----------------------------------

ANY or ALL these are FREE for the asking, but none can be shipped, and
must be picked up, in Concord, Massachusetts, on or before  Thursday
August 11th.

Call 978-371-3101.

Concord, Massachusetts 01742 USA
telephone (617) 492-5367
email <office at joslinhall.com>;
~~
Our full-service website features 82 separate subject categories, is
updated daily and has full search capabilities. http://www.joslinhall.com
~~
Subscribe to our free email News List and get special discounts and offers
on selected books! Send e-mail to
<JHRBnews- at joslinhall.com>; and put the word
"subscribe" (without quotes) in the Subject line of your note.
~~
Check out our "Featured Book"
http://www.joslinhall.com/today1.htm

accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa, Mastercard and
Discover.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are
$5.00 for the first book, and $1.50 for each additional book.
Shipments outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we
are notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please
ask for full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5%
state sales tax.

Subscribe to the free Rare Books Mailing List
http://www.rarebooksmailinglist.com