[Rarebooks] FS: Skelton, John. CHARLES I: Extra-illustrated

Kaaterskill Books books at kaaterskillbooks.com
Wed Jun 29 17:25:17 EDT 2005

We offer for Sale:

Skelton, John. CHARLES I. London / Paris / Edinburgh: Goupil & Co. /
J. Boussod, Manzi, Joyant, successors, / William Brown, 1898. v, 185
pp. + Plates. Illus. with color frontis, 46 full page photogravure
plates (2 each of 23), and 18 other engravings at the start and
conclusion of each chapters, each with letterpress tissue-guards.
Royal 4to. (33 cm). Three quarter bright red morocco over red cloth
boards, raised bands, six compartments with gilt titles and devices,
endpapers marbled (hardback).  First edition, De Luxe. One of 500
copies on Japanese paper with a duplicate series of the large plates.
Engravings by J. Boussod, Manzi, Joyant. Original wraps and paper
band bound in with extra title page. Laid in loose is original 4 pp.
offering prospectus. Bookplate of the collector and philatelist
Frederick Adolphus Philbrick of the Middle Temple. A very good copy,
extremities rubbed, small split at the foot of the front joint, small
portrait of Charles I neatly tipped in. A handsome and complete copy
of this extra-illustrated edition.  [26161]   $350

http://www.kaaterskillbooks.com/img/26161.jpg

Regards,

Charles Kutcher
Kaaterskill Books
P.O. Box 122
East Jewett, NY 12424.
Phone: 518-589-0555.
Email: books at kaaterskillbooks.com
Member of I. O. B. A.

TERMS:

Call or email us to reserve a book. We accept checks, money orders,
American Express, Mastercard, and Visa. Foreign orders should be in
U.S. funds on a U.S. bank. New York residents please add appropriate
sales tax or forward a tax id number. Libraries and Institutions can
be billed. Trade allowance. Postage for Domestic orders is $6.50 for
the first book and $2.00 for each additional volume. Books are
normally shipped USPS Priority Mail. For international orders,
postage is calculated individually. All books may be returned in
original condition for any reason within two weeks with prior
notification.