[Rarebooks] fs: Mad Booths of Maryland

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Thu Mar 10 15:49:59 EST 2005

Greetings All,

For your consideration:
~
(No. 7658 )  Kimmel, Stanley. THE MAD BOOTHS OF MARYLAND.
New York: Dover Publications, Inc., (1969). Second Edition, Wrappers,
Octavo, [iv], 418 pages, black & white photographs, facsimiles. Very good.
      Well researched account of America's foremost dramatic family in the
19th century. Contains a complete biography of Edwin Booth, lots of
information on the other children and Junius Brutus Sr. and Mary Booth, the
family's home at Tudor Hall in Bel Air, Maryland and much more. However the
detail on John Wilkes Booth as an actor, conspirator, and fugitive is what
makes it an essential and oft-cited Lincoln assassination reference to this
day. Originally published in 1940, this edition was updated by Kimmel in
1969 and includes a new foreword and six supplementary articles not in the
original edition. Also added in this edition are 73 more illustrations,
including photographs Kimmel took as he retraced Booth's escape route. The
index has also been revised. Bound in glossy pictorial paper covers with
minor edge wear and a touch of fading to spine.    $75.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/7658.jpg

=:::=:::=T E R M S=:::=:::=
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $3.50 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. International shipments or other carriers at cost. Payment accepted
by credit card (V,MC,Amex, Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php