[Rarebooks] FS: Heckethorn. Printers of Basle

Isabel's Books mclcbooks at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 22:55:28 EDT 2005

For Sale:

Heckethorn, Charles William. The Printers of Basle in the XV. & XVI. Centuries: Their Biographies, Printed Books and Devices. London: Unwin Brothers, 1897. Original green cloth, gilt lettered. 4to. xiv, 205 pages. Cloth darkened with insect wear. Corners bumped, and spine ends worn. Edges uncut. Some pages unopened. Hinges going. Title page printed in red and black with ornate border, toned from facing tissue guard. Illustrated with numerous plates and facsimiles of woodcuts and printers devices. A very few pages with underlining. A solid copy of a scarce and valuable scholarly reference. $200.00 postpaid.

The author consulted the works of many important Swiss bibliographers such as Immanuel Stockmeyer and Balthasar Reber. The book contains detailed biographical information about printers such as Bertoldus, Richel, Amerbach, Kessler, Ysenhut, Furter, Froben, and many others who worked in Basel from 1473 to 1597. Thorough bibliographical information is included.

Terms of sale:  All items are offered subject to prior sale.  Quoted shipping is media rate in the United States. For other methods of shipping, contact me for a price.  I accept payment by credit card (Discover, Mastercard, or Visa), check, money order, or Paypal.  All items may be returned for any reason within 10 days of receipt.  If you do choose to return something, please pack it carefully and notify me before shipping.

Michael

Isabel's Books
mclcbooks at yahoo.com
http://www.abebooks.com/home/mclc/

Member, Independent Online Booksellers' Association (IOBA)
http://www.ioba.org