[Rarebooks] For Sale: Anson's Voyage Round the World

Norman Kane nkane at kanebooks.com
Tue Nov 22 17:38:13 EST 2005

We can offer:

ANSON, GEORGE, (Commander in Chief of a Squadron . . . Sent Upon an
Expedition to the South Seas.)  A VOYAGE ROUND THE WORLD IN THE YEARS
MDCCXL, I, II, III, IV.  COMPILED FROM HIS PAPERS AND MATERIALS BY
RICHARD WALTER, M.A., CHAPLAIN OF THE SHIP THE CENTURIAN IN THAT
EXPEDITION.   Edinburgh: Alex. Chapman & Co., 1796.  12mo, old rubbed calf,
2 volumes in one, folding map (old paper repairs on verso), separate
title page for
vol. 2, old signatures on front blank.  OCLC lists only 4 scattered
copies, with no
mention of the map.  We do not find this edition in the NUC or RLIN.  $350.00

THE AMERICANIST, 1525 Shenkel Road, Pottstown, Pa., 19465-7221.
610 3235289.