[Rarebooks] fs: Auctions of Animalier bronzes

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Thu Oct 27 08:02:00 EDT 2005

 From the new issue of "Going Once... Going Twice...",
our catalog of vintage antique & art auction catalogs.
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Auction_Monthly.htm>

"Illustrated Catalogue of Fine Bronzes by the Famous Master Antoine Barye
including the private collection of Mrs. Hamilton Carhart of New York and
property of the estate of the late Hugh L. Bond of Baltimore"  New York;
American Art Association: January 12th, 1923. Hamilton Carhart made his
fortune by founding the worker's clothing company that still bears his
name; Hugh Bond, Jr. was the son of a noted federal judge and himself a
lawyer who argued cases before the Supreme Court. They both had refined
tastes in bronzes... Softcover. 6.5"x9.5", 21 pages, 46 lots, b/w
illustrations; covers separated from the binding but present; light cover
wear, rear cover with several tears; prices realized noted in pencil. A
fragile catalog. [08071] $75.00

"Bronzes by Antoine-Louis Barye. The Bernard Black-Hugues Nadeau
Collection"  New York; Parke-Bernet Galleries: December 3rd, 1971. Bernard
Black and Hugues-W. Nadeau's Bernard Black Gallery held the first
exhibition of Animalier bronzes in the U.S. in 1963, and further
exhibitions in 1964, 1965 and 1966. After the gallery closed they formed a
study collection of Barye bronzes, which is sold here, which included
carefully selected pieces designed to show rare examples, as well as
variations in casts and patinas. Softcover. 7"x10", 43 pages, 59 lots, b/w
illustrations; prices realized list stapled to title page. [07843] $65.00

"A Collection of Isidore and Rosa Bonheur, Pierre-Jules Mene, and other
Animalier Bronzes from the Collection of the Late Geraldine Rockefeller
Dodge"  New York; Sotheby Parke Bernet: December 4th, 1975. Softcover.
8.5"x9.5", 32 pages, 167 lots, many b/w illustrations; prices realized list
stapled to title page; light wear. [08065] $65.00

"Antoine-Louis Barye Bronzes from the Collection of the Late Geraldine
Rockefeller Dodge"  New York; Sotheby Parke Bernet: October 29th, 1975.
Softcover. 8.5"x9.5", 36 pages, 159 lots, several color and many b/w
illustrations; prices realized list stapled to title page; light wear.
[08066] $65.00

"Animalier and Other 19th Century Bronzes from the Collection of the Late
Geraldine Rockefeller Dodge"  New York; Sotheby Parke Bernet: February
20th, 1976. Softcover. 8.5"x9.5", 32 pages, 144 lots, many b/w
illustrations; prices realized list stapled to title page; light wear.
[08066] $65.00

Send your mailing address for a free copy of the printed edition of the
new October/November issue of "Going Once... Going Twice...",
our catalog of vintage antique & art auction catalogs.

Categories include: Furniture & Americana; China Trade; Silver; Judaica;
Oriental rugs & Orientalia; ceramics & glass; antiquities; Russian arts;
Fine arts; bronzes, ethnographica, and more!

A web-based copy is also available for viewing here-
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Auction_Monthly.htm>

--> Subscribe to our free email News List and get special
      discounts and offers on selected books!

--> Our full-service website features 86 separate subject
      categories, and has full search capabilities.
<http://www.joslinhall.com>

--> Visit our new BARGAIN BIN pages for a selection
      of good, inexpensive books for your bookshelf!
<http://www.joslinhall.com/special-1.htm>

courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for the
first book, and $1.50 for each additional book. Shipments outside the U.S.
will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within ten
days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.