[Rarebooks] FS: Le Nestour/Sumiyoshi. Mystery of Things

Isabel's Books mclcbooks at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 11 22:44:48 EDT 2005

For Sale:

Le Nestour, Patrik (text) and Akeji Sumiyoshi (calligraphy-paintings). With the collaboration of Audie Bock. The Mystery of Things: Evocations of the Japanese Supernatural, Seventeen Natural-Dye Calligraph Paintings. New York & Tokyo: John Weatherhill, 1972. First edition, limited to 183 copies (this is copy 51). With 17 original calligraphy paintings tipped in. Signed and sealed by the author and artist. 16.5X12.75 inches. Quarter red top-grain goatskin, stamped in genuine gold with black hemp cloth. Small cryptomeria wood panel inset to cover. In thin cryptomeria wood-lined black hemp cloth folding case with bamboo clasps. Kozo label on case. Book in a plastic cover. Red endpapers. 123 pages. Book design and typography by Meredith Weatherby. Composed and hand-printed by Kenkyushu of Tokyo. Hand-made Japanese papers.  A stunningly beautiful book. Fine. $800.00 postpaid.

Terms of sale:  All items are offered subject to prior sale.  Quoted shipping is media rate in the United States. For other methods of shipping, contact me for a price.  I accept payment by credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or American Express), check, money order, or Paypal.  All items may be returned for any reason within 10 days of receipt.  If you do choose to return something, please pack it carefully and notify me before shipping.

Michael

Michael Levine-Clark
Isabel's Books
mclcbooks at yahoo.com
http://www.isabelsbooks.com

Member, Independent Online Booksellers' Association (IOBA)
http://www.ioba.org