[Rarebooks] FS: Teddy Roosevelt's THE WINNING OF THE WEST with original manuscript page in beautiful binding

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Wed Apr 12 10:16:19 EDT 2006

 From our new catalogue of SIGNED PRESIDENTIAL material now posted on our
website: http://www.erols.com/agvent.  Also included are important signed and
association copies of Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman, and Lyndon Johnson.

ROOSEVELT,  Theodore (Teddy). THE WINNING OF THE WEST. New  York:
G.  P. Putnam's Sons 1900. First Edition. Four large octavo  (6-5/8" x
10-1/8")  volumes  of the Daniel Boone Edition bound in original  full
green  morocco  with  gilt floral devices in the corners  and  on  the
spines  which  are  gilt-lettered  with   three  raised  bands;  thick
gilt-decorated  morocco-bordered doublures with red suede centers  and
endpapers;  top  edge gilt. Illustrated with numerous plates and  five
folding  maps. Copy #50 of only 200 copies with a leaf of  Roosevelt's
ORIGINAL  MANUSCRIPT  bound in at the beginning of the  first  volume.
The  manuscript refers to the American Revolution and General  Anthony
Wayne  as well as a speech delivered by Lieutenant Colonel John Butler
of  the  British  Army  to a council of Indian  chiefs  near  Buffalo:
"...you  have heard the great talk of our going to war with the United
States,  and  by the speech of your Father just now delivered to  you,
you  cannot  help seeing there is a great prospect of  it...."  Light,
even  sunning  to  spines;  minor bumps to corners  and  a  few  faint
scratches.  About Fine and quite scarce, especially in this condition.
                                                             $12,500.00
--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.
Postage additional:  $25.00.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost.

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent