[Rarebooks] FS: Signed Limited Eisenhower WAGING PEACE, in original shipping box. Harold Stassen's copy

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Thu Apr 13 09:32:09 EDT 2006

 From our new catalogue of SIGNED PRESIDENTIAL material now posted on our
website: http://www.erols.com/agvent.  Also included are important signed and
association copies of Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Lyndon Johnson, and
Theodore Roosevelt.

EISENHOWER,  Dwight.  THE  WHITE   HOUSE  YEARS.  WAGING   PEACE
1956-1961.  Garden  City:  Doubleday  &   Company,  Inc.  1965.  First
Edition.  Illustrated with photographs. Copy #92 of 1434 SIGNED by the
author  on  the  blank  page facing the limitation  page,  as  issued.
Although  there  is  no  indication of such, this  copy  is  from  the
library  of  the  late  Minnesota Governor Harold  Stassen  and  has a
statement  of  provenance  from  the   bookseller  who  purchased  the
library.  A  perennial candidate for the Republican  Party  nomination
for  President,  seeking it nine times between 1948 and 1992,  Stassen
never  won  the  nomination.  Stassen played a key role  in  the  1952
Republican  contest  when  he released his delegates to  Dwight  David
Eisenhower  helping  Eisenhower  to defeat Robert Taft  on  the  first
ballot.  President  Franklin Roosevelt named Stassen to  the  American
delegation  to  the first United Nations conference in San  Francisco,
where  he helped write the UN Charter and was voted the most effective
delegate.  Stassen held cabinet rank in the Eisenhower Administration.
Slight  crease  at  the top of the signature page. With  the  original
mailing  carton.  Seldom  seen in this condition.  Fine  in  glassine,
slipcase, and original shipping box.                          $1500.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.
Postage additional:  $10.00.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost.

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent