[Rarebooks] fs: Various - Maund, Michaux & Nuttall; colored plates

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Fri Apr 14 09:33:22 EDT 2006

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
Maund, B[enjamin]. "The Botanic Garden; Consisting of Highly finished
Representations of Hardy Ornamental Flowering Plants, Cultivated in Great
Britain; with Their Classification, History, Culture, and Other Interesting
Information, Vol. I," [1825], published London by Baldwin, Cradock, & Joy
and T. Griffiths. 24 hand-colored engraved plates, 4 flowers to a plate.
Bound in green cloth over boards, hinges cracked but otherwise very good.
Some foxing but plates remain clean. $200
~
Michaux, F[rancois]. Andrew. "The North American Sylva,Vol. I" published
1817 in Philadelphia, printed in Paris, 50 hand-colored engraved plates.
Three quarter leather over marbled boards, red and black spine labels titled
and ruled in gilt. Extremity rubs, foxing. Hinges sound. $750
~
Michaux's "The North American Sylva, Vols. I and III," of the 1852 edition,
Philadelphia, Robert Smith. Together these contain 106 tissue guarded,
hand-colored engraved plates Nos. 1-50 (in Vol. I) and 101-156 (in Vol.
III). Green morocco over boards with elaborate gilt tooling to spine and
both boards, all edges gilt. Rubs and scuffs to exterior and some scattered
foxing inside, but overall very nearly fine. Hinges sound. $1000
~
Vol. II of Thomas Nuttall's supplement to Michaux, 1852, Philadelphia,
Robert Smith. This volume in matching binding with next above, includes 40
tissue-guarded, hand-colored engraved plates (numbered 41-80). Condition
same as next above, near fine. $500

Prices net. Digital photos available upon request.

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $4.00 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php