[Rarebooks] FS: 1899 Manson Americana Collection

Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA office at joslinhall.com
Wed Apr 26 10:32:05 EDT 2006

 From our new "Spring" catalog, #273-

CATALOGUE OF THE AMERICAN HISTORICAL LIBRARY COLLECTION OF ALFRED S.
MANSON, BOSTON, MASS. Part 1 [and] Part 2.

Boston; C.F. Libbie & Co.: February 14-17, 1899
  [and] March 14-17, 1899.

The auction sale of a massive collection of materials relating to all
facets of New England history- "In completeness as a collection of New
England history, no library like it has ever passed through our rooms nor
sold elsewhere in Boston".

2 vols. Softcover. 6"x9", 507 pages, 4,797 lots; original paper covers;
covers worn, with a dampstain and some chips; pages of Vol.2 with a very,
very slight "wave", but otherwise internally these are essentially very nice.

Ownership signature of E. G. Smith on the cover of Vol.1, with a pencil
note inside the front cover- "I had a conversation with Mr. Manson
regarding this sale. He expressed dis-satisfaction with the prices
realized. He said 'many of the items went ridiculously low'. On the whole,
it seemed to me that they fetched a fair price".  [08398] $75.00

Our new catalog is available in printed format,
and it may also be viewed on the web at-
<http://www.joslinhall.com/catalog_273.htm>

If you would prefer a printed copy, please let us know.

--> Subscribe to our free email News List and get special
      discounts and offers on selected books!

--> See our new "Spring" catalog-
<http://joslinhall.com/catalog_273.htm>

--> Stay up to date daily with our Bookselling blog
<http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

--> Our full-service website features 86 separate subject
      categories, and has full search capabilities.

courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for the
first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments outside the U.S.
will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within ten
days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.