[Rarebooks] FA: 1830s Italian & French Theater

Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA office at joslinhall.com
Sat Apr 29 08:00:25 EDT 2006

Ending today on a major auction site that rhymes with "Greenday"- two
interesting theater-related items from the 1830s, including a different
version of Romeo & Juliet than most of us are used to. Offered without
reserves, because William Shatner never showed any reserve -

<http://tinyurl.com/nlnlx>

"PETITE BIOGRAPHIE DES ACTEURS ET ACTRICES DES THEATRES DE PARIS, avec
l'age de ces dames"  Paris, Chez les Marchands de Nouveautes, 1831-1832.  A
wonderful early 19th century handbook for the Parisian theater-goer, giving
short biographies of actors and actresses on the Paris stage during the
1831-32 theater season. Actors are listed alphabetically, by theater.

        Romeo and Juliet- Sicilian Style-

"I CAPULETI E L MONTECCHI O SIA GIULIETTA E ROMEO, Tragedia Lirica, da
rappresentarsi nel Teatro Filarmonico, l'Autunno 1831"  Verona, Tipi di
Pietro Bisesti: 1832.  The program, with dialogue, of "The Capulets and the
Montagues" by Vincenzo Bellini, as performed at the Teatro Filarmonico in
Verona in 1831.

<http://tinyurl.com/nlnlx>

-  --  --  --  --  -

--> Subscribe to our free email News List and get special
      discounts and offers on selected books!

--> See our new "Spring" catalog-
<http://joslinhall.com/catalog_273.htm>

--> Stay up to date daily with our Bookselling blog
<http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

--> Our full-service website features 86 separate subject
      categories, and has full search capabilities.

courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for the
first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments outside the U.S.
will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within ten
days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.