[Rarebooks] FS: Beautifully bound, printed, and illustrated edition of EDGAR ALLAN POE's THE RAVEN

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Thu Dec 21 08:14:48 EST 2006

 From our HOLIDAY LIST of 215 great gift items now posted on our web
site: http://www.erols.com/agvent

POE,  Edgar Allan (CHELONIIDAE PRESS). THE RAVEN.  (Easthampton,
MA):  Cheloniidae Press (1986). Oblong octavo (9-1/2" x 6-1/2")  bound
by  Daniel  Kelm and Sarah Pringle in full red moroccan goatskin  with
an  embossed  raven  on the cover and laid in a custom  clamshell  box
with  morocco  label. A completely redesigned version of  the  press's
first   book,  originally  published   in  1980.  Illustrated   with a
tipped-in  etched portrait of Poe and nine new wood engravings by Alan
James  Robinson  printed  by  Harold P. McGrath.  This  is  a  special
Binder's  Copy marked as such and presumably part of the Full  Leather
Edition  of 25 copies of a total edition of 225 SIGNED by Robinson and
in  this case also by Kelm who has additionally INSCRIBED the colophon
to  the  original  subscriber.  This edition has  an  extra  portfolio
containing  a  suite  of  SIGNED  artist  proofs  of  the  engravings,
including  an  engraving not in the book, as well as a suite  of  work
proofs  of the engravings and three state proofs of the etching,  each
SIGNED  and  numbered  by  Robinson.   Prospectus  laid  in.  Fine  in
clamshell box.                                                $1500.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be
billed.  Postage additional:  $15.00.  Overseas postage billed at

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent