[Rarebooks] FS: Peter Lindbergh Photos, inscribed to Fashion Icon

Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA office at joslinhall.com
Thu Dec 28 08:13:57 EST 2006

Lindbergh, Peter.  "PETER LINDBERGH. IMAGES OF WOMEN"  Munich;
Schirmer/Mosel: 1997.

A huge book, the first comprehensive retrospective of Lindbergh’s work of
the prior decade. Lindbergh, one of the leading international fashion
photographers of our time, is known as “the man who adores women” for his
perceptive and sympathetic photographic style.

This copy is inscribed by Lindbergh to socialite and high-power fashion
icon Veronica Hearst, widow of publishing tycoon Randolph Hearst, and
stepmother of Patty Hearst.

An iconic figure in the world of couture, Veronica Hearst is, according to
an article in the July, 2006 issue of Harper's Bazaar "Known for her
remarkable collection of haute couture...She sends many of her most
impressive designs to the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum.
'She understands that couture is an art,' says Harold Koda, head of the
institute...'Everybody has art, in some form, within themselves, whether
it is writing, poetry, photography, dance, or painting,' Hearst explains.
'I really feel that a healthy art life is the foundation of a healthy
democracy'."

This book is dramatically inscribed on the flyleaf- “Dear Veronica- I hope
you’ll like it- Please call when in Paris- with love Pete –Paris Nov. 97”.
 Hardcover. 11”x14”, 310 pages, 189 b/w illustrations, dj. Light wear.
[09378]  $500.00

 - - - - -

Our website-
<http://www.joslinhall.com>

Our Latest Catalogs-

DECEMBER, 2006
 -Selections from our stock
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_290.htm>

BOOKS ON AMERICAN SILVER
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_289.htm>

FIRE AND ICE
 -lighting, fireplaces & ice
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_282.htm>

A GRAVE AFFAIR
 -gravestones, epitaphs & mourning
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Catalog_288.htm>

 ~ ~ ~

 SPEAKING OF BOOKS
    -Our free email News List

 FOGGYGATES
    - our Bookselling blog
<http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

 ~ ~ ~

courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for
the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments outside the
U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within
ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.