[Rarebooks] FS: Memoirs of Miss Mary Lyon of New Haven

Isabel's Books mclcbooks at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 7 23:38:19 EST 2006

For Sale:

Lyon, Mary [Linsley Sophia Lyon, Mrs.] Memoirs of Miss Mary Lyon, of New Haven, Conn. New Haven: A.H. Maltby, 1837. 1st edition. 24mo. Patterned cloth. Paper spine label. 250 pages. Errata slip tipped in. Chips at top and base of spine. Corners worn. Slight cracking along front joint. Small stain on bottom edge. Heavy foxing on endpapers, scattered foxing throughout. Inscription on front free endpaper. Not in Howes or Sabin. One copy listed in OCLC WorldCat (Yale). Still a nice, solid copy of a scarce work.  Memoirs compiled (by a daughter?) covering excerpts from her diaries and correspondence from 1802 to 1817.  Overtly religious in tone, the memoirs discuss day-to-day life, travel and political and other issues of the day, including discussion of slavery in letters written from Charleston, S.C. $125.00 postpaid.

Terms of sale:  All items are offered subject to prior sale.  Quoted shipping is media rate in the United States. For other methods of shipping, contact me for a price.  I accept payment by credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or American Express), check, money order, or Paypal.  I will bill libraries. All items may be returned for any reason within 10 days of receipt.  If you do choose to return something, please pack it carefully and notify me before shipping.

Michael

Michael Levine-Clark
Isabel's Books
mclcbooks at yahoo.com