[Rarebooks] fs: A lot of books on Dinosaurs & Ancient Animals

Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA office at joslinhall.com
Wed Jan 11 11:57:00 EST 2006

Dino, dino,
in a tree.
Come and make
a meal of me.

Oop. These books are obviously warping my brain. Someone take them off my
hands for $100.00 net, plus $10 postage.

Currie, Philip J. & Kevin Padian.  "ENCYCLOPEDIA OF DINOSAURS"  Academic
Press:1997. Could this fabulous book really be out of print already?  It
appears to be so.  Academic Press has none, and nobody else appears to
either.  That's a real pity, because this is one hellacious
book.  Encyclopedic in format, well illustrated and carefully written, this
volume is a must for anybody interested in dinosaurs.  And it weighs about
ten pounds! Hardcover. 9"x11", 869 pages, b&w and color illustrations, dj;
as new.

Dodson, Peter.  "THE HORNED DINOSAURS.  A NATURAL HISTORY"  Princeton
University Press:1996. The first "popular" study of ceratopsians, those
weird and wacky, lovable creatures which roamed the North American plains
many years ago.  A cool book with some very cool paintings by Wayne D.
Barlow. Hardcover. 6.5"x9.5", 346 pages, b&w, line and color illustrations,
dj.  New.

Eldredge, Niles.  "FOSSILS.  THE EVOLUTION AND EXTINCTION OF SPECIES"  New
York; Harry N. Abrams: 1991. The fascinating exploration of fossils
overturns the traditional view of evolution as a slow and inevitable
process and shows that lifeforms generally do not evolve to any significant
degree until after massive extinction.  This rhythm of life- stability
punctuated by bursts of change -is revealed by the fossilized remains of
the earth's ancient flora and fauna. Hardcover. 10.5"x11.5", 220 pages,
packed with many color and a few b/w illustrations, dj. A fine copy in a
fine jacket.

Jacobs, Louis.  "QUEST FOR THE AFRICAN DINOSAURS.  ANCIENT ROOTS OF THE
MODERN WORLD"  New York; Villard Books:1993. "In 1981, when a young
paleontologist named Louis Jacobs found his way from Arizona to Africa, the
wheels were set in motion for 'a gripping adventure'." Hardcover. 7"x9.5",
314 pages, drawings by the author; dj; a fine copy.

Louderback, George D. & Charles L. Camp.  "THE STRATIGRAPHIC RELATIONS OF
THE JUNG HSIEN FOSSIL DINOSAUR IN THE SZECHUAN RED BEDS OF CHINA [and]
DINOSAUR REMAINS FROM THE PROVINCE OF SZECHAUN, CHINA" Berkeley; University
of California Press:1935. An offprint from the Bulletin of the Department
of Geological Sciences, University of California Publications, Vol. 23,
No.14 and 15. Softcover. 6.5"x10", 14 pages, 2 text illustrations and 1
plate; several small stamps on the cover.

Miller, Loye Holmes. "CONTRIBUTIONS TO AVIAN PALEONTOLOGY FROM THE PACIFIC
COAST OF NORTH AMERICA" Berkeley; University of California Press:1912. An
offprint from the University of California Bulletin of the Department of
Geology, Vol.7, No.5. Softcover. 7"x10.5", 55 pages, card covers; covers
lightly chipped in a few places, but otherwise a nice, unopened copy of a
fragile pamphlet.

Wetmore, Alexander. "NOTES ON FOSSIL AND SUBFOSSIL BIRDS"  Smithsonian
Miscellaneous Collections Vol.145, No.2; Charles D. and Mary Vaux Walcott
Research Fund:1962. Based in large part on material at the U.S. National
Museum. Softcover. 6.5"x9.5", 17 pages, several text figures.

--> Subscribe to our free email News List and get special
      discounts and offers on selected books!

--> See our new "Just Catalogued" pages for December-
<http://www.joslinhall.com/justcat.htm>

--> Our full-service website features 86 separate subject
      categories, and has full search capabilities.

courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for the
first book, and $1.50 for each additional book. Shipments outside the U.S.
will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within ten
days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.