[Rarebooks] FS: Teddy Roosevelt: AFRICAN GAME TRAILS, 1/500 Signed

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Fri Jan 20 10:58:49 EST 2006

One of several signed Teddy Roosevelt books that will be part of our January
offering of Signed Presidential Material to be posted on our website in about a
week: http://www.erols.com/agvent.  Also included will be important FDR items as
well as signed items by a number of Presidents.

ROOSEVELT,  Theodore (Teddy). AFRICAN GAME TRAILS. AN  ACCOUNT  OF
THE  AFRICAN  WANDERINGS OF AN AMERICAN HUNTER-NATURALIST.  New  York:
Charles  Scribner's Sons 1910. First Edition. Two large octavo (6-1/2"
x  10")  volumes  of the First Limited Edition bound in  original  1/2
pigskin  and  boards  with pigskin corners  and  blindstamped  spines.
Illustrated  with  photographs, drawings, and maps. Copy #398  of  500
copies  printed  on  Ruisdael paper and SIGNED by the  author  on  the
limitation  page  in the first volume. Roosevelt loved travel.  Before
assuming  governship of New York, he served in Cuba as Colonel of  the
First  United  States  Volunteer Cavalry during the  Spanish  American
War.  After his election as President he traveled to Panama to oversee
the  construction  of the canal becoming the first standing  President
to  travel  abroad.  Shortly after he retired from the  Presidency  in
1909,  Roosevelt  sailed for Africa returning a year later. This  book
is  an account of his African hunting trip and is rarely seen in  this
condition  as  the  pigskin  was  not the best  material  for  a  book
binding.  This  set with just light edgewear, a bumped corner or  two,
and minor staining to the boards.  Near Fine and quite scarce in  this
condition.                                                    $7500.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.
Postage additional:  $15.00.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost.

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent