[Rarebooks] For Sale: Confederate Juvenile Imprint

Norman Kane nkane at kanebooks.com
Sat Jan 28 19:49:50 EST 2006

We can offer:

CHAUDRON, A[DELAIDE]. DE V[endel].   CHAUDRON'S SPELLING BOOK,
CAREFULLY PREPARED FOR FAMILY AND SCHOOL USE.   Mobile: S. H.
Goetzel, 1865.Original printed wrappers, approx. 7 X 4 inches, which
read "Fourth Edition - Thirtieth Thousand."  48 pages.  Vignette on
the title page which is repeated on the cover, frontispieces of a
large printing press and a sailing ship, and many vignettes in the
text.  Parrish, "Confederate Imprints," 7685.  Just slight wear; a
well-preserved copy.  (Chaudron also published a translation of
Muelbach's "Joseph II and His Court" and his "Prince Eugene and His
Times, an Historical Novel."  The "Spelling Book" also exists with
this same date but reading "Fifth Edition."   Our printing seems the
scarcer form.)   $235.00

THE AMERICANIST (ABAA), 1525 Shenkel Road, Pottstown, Pa, USA,
19465-7221.Telephone: 610 323 5289. email: nkane at kanebooks.com.
Proprietor: Norman Kane (50 years as an antiquarian bookseller.)
We accept visa, mastercard, checks (in US funds drawn on a US bank),
cash (by registered mail) and money orders.
Postage is charged at approximate cost. Institutions may be
billed.              10% trade discount