[Rarebooks] FS: Inscribed Beatrix Potter

About Books shop at aboutbks.com
Tue Jan 31 15:26:02 EST 2006

We are pleased to offer:-

Potter, Beatrix.  THE TALE OF MRS. TITTLEMOUSE.  London: Warne, no printing
date given [copyright 1910].  A later printing with cream boards, colour
portrait of Mrs. Tittlemouse pasted onto blindstamped hexagon on top
cover.  Dustwrapper has "11" on spine panel and prices on back panel show
2/6.  However, this price has been clipped from front inside panel and
"3/-" printed (by publisher) on upper corner. INSCRIBED BY POTTER on the
half title "For_______with kind regards from Beatrix Potter, May 10th 43"
.  The inscribee was a Canadian serviceman in the RCAF who had gone, when
on furlough from an air base in southern England, to visit Mrs. Heelis at
Far Sawrey.  Very minor bruising and rubbing to corners, light soiling and
foxing to top edge and faint age darkening to top 1/4 inch of spine but a
remarkably nice, bright copy. A few imperceptible spots around publisher's
name on title page.  Dustwrapper shows faint foxing with some age darkening
to spine and extremities, else very good.  $2500.00 (trade discount allowed).

Terms:  Payment should accompany order.  Price includes surface post to
anywhere in North America.  Canadian addresses will have 7% GST added.  We
accept cheques in US or Canadian dollars or UK Sterling.  We accept Visa,
Mastercard, Diners and AmEx credit cards.  Books may be returned within
five days of receipt with prior notification.

ABOUT BOOKS.
542 Third Avenue East,  Owen Sound, Ont. N4K 2J8.  Canada
Phone (519) 371-2100, Toll free in North America: 1-888-945-5531.
Website:  www.aboutbks.com   Fax is available on request.
Lists updated weekly.  We specialize in History, Natural Sciences,
Gardening and interesting books of all sorts.
Member: ABAC - International League of Antiquarian Booksellers.
Search their database for the books you need.   www.ilab-lila.com