[Rarebooks] FS: Final Edition of Wright Howes

Isabel's Books mclcbooks at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 9 22:38:10 EDT 2006

[Howes, Wright]; William E. Hartley, III (editor).  WRIGHT HOWES: THE FINAL EDITION (OF USIANA):  A DESCRIPTIVE BIBLIOGRAPHY OF 11,622 UNCOMMON BOOKS AND PAMPHLETS RELATING TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THAT SECTION OF THE CONTINENT NOW KNOWN AS THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Pine Mountain, Georgia: WHR Books, 1994.

Blue cloth with decorative borders. 8vo. 757 pages.  Limited to 850 copies. When Wright Howes died, he left "literally thousands of entries in his personal copy [of U.S.Iana]: corrections, updates, additions, deletions, and improved bibliographical descriptions. Howes added approximately 125 new titles and deleted about 50. No reason was given. These changes, along with discovered numbering gaps in the alphabetical sections, necessitated a complete renumbering. Now all titles have a reference number. He also decided to include a description of the book bindings: wrappers, boards, leather, etc." - from the Introduction. Also included for the first time is a title index. A valuable update to a classic work, and clearly a labor of love for Hartley. Fine. $80.00 postpaid.

I have multiple copies if you'd like more than one.

Terms of sale:  All items are offered subject to prior sale.  Quoted shipping is media rate in the United States. For other methods of shipping, contact me for a price.  I accept payment by credit card (Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or American Express), check, money order, or Paypal.  I will bill libraries. All items may be returned for any reason within 10 days of receipt.  If you do choose to return something, please pack it carefully and notify me before shipping.

Michael

Michael Levine-Clark
Isabel's Books
mclcbooks at yahoo.com
http://www.isabelsbooks.com

Member, Independent Online Booksellers' Association (IOBA)
http://www.ioba.org