[Rarebooks] FS: SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET bound in white silk between teak boards, 1/300 Signed

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Mon Jul 10 08:21:35 EDT 2006

 From our recent Catalogue containing 105 Limited Editions Club titles.  In
addition to what is listed among our new arrivals, we have about 300 other LECs
cataogued on our website as well as half that number yet to be catalogued:
http://www.erols.com/agvent (to see them all, type in Limited Editions Club
under the Any Word category on our search engine).  We will also be cataloguing
later this year a fine collection of mountain climbing titles.

HARRER, Heinrich. SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET. New York: Limited Editions
Club  1993. Quarto (9" x 13"), bound in pure Bure white silk  imported
from  India with a Tibetan good luck charm blindstamped in the  center
of  the front cover. With a special introduction by the Dalai Lama for
whom  Harrer  became  the unofficial secular tutor  when  the  Tibetan
spiritual  guide was fourteen. Copy #281 of 300 numbered copies SIGNED
by  the  author who also contributes six photogravures  produced  from
his  original negatives. A map of Harrer's Tibetan journeys is laid in
loosely  as issued. Wrapped around and protecting the silk cover  is a
cotton  sleeve or "pi-chu," which is encased front and rear by a  pair
of  solid teak wood "lepshing" boards handcarved with Tibetan  symbols
and  decoration  by monks in the Tibetan Refugee Center in  India  and
secured  with  black  cloth straps. Monthly Letter laid  in.  Fine  in
cotton sleeve and carved teak boards, as issued.              $2500.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.
Postage additional:  $20.00.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost.

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent