[Rarebooks] FS: UNDINE with wood and metal cuts by Allen Lewis

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Thu Jul 13 11:14:36 EDT 2006

 From our recent Catalogue containing 105 Limited Editions Club titles.  In
addition to what is listed among our new arrivals, we have about 300 other LECs
cataogued on our website as well as half that number yet to be catalogued:
http://www.erols.com/agvent (to see them all, type in Limited Editions Club
under the Any Word category on our search engine).

FOUQUE, F. De La Motte. UNDINE. [New York]: Limited Editions  Club
1930.  Large  quarto  (9-1/2" x 12-1/2") bound in  rust  cloth  with a
stamped  design. Translated from the German by Edmund Gosse. Copy #834
of  1500  designed and decorated with cuts on wood and metal by  Allen
Lewis  and  SIGNED  by  him on the colophon  page.  The  illustrations
include  seven full-page images plus decorative surrounding borders on
each  page, all printed in green, black and sepia. Undine, one of  the
fullest  expressions  of  the Romantic ideal,  influenced  Goethe  and
Heine, among others. Fine in Near Fine slipcase.               $200.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.
Postage additional:  $10.00.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost.

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent