[Rarebooks] FA: 1846 Amerigo Vespucci controversy

Joslin Hall Rare Books, ABAA office at joslinhall.com
Fri Jun 23 09:09:32 EDT 2006

Ending shortly on Ebay-

<http://tinyurl.com/nlnlx>

"THE LIFE AND VOYAGES OF AMERICUS VESPUCIUS with Illustrations Concerning
the Navigator, and the Discovery of the New World."  By C. Edwards Lester &
Andrew Foster. Published by Baker & Scribner: 1846.  Yes, we're talking
about that Amerigo Vespucci, the man for whom the Americas are named. "The
Life and Voyages of Americus Vespucius" is a scholarly attempt to examine
the Vespucci controversy -did he or didn't he discover the American
mainland 6 days before John Cabot?  Did he even make a voyage to America at
all? Illustrated with a portrait and a magnificent folding plate of a real
family "tree"!

No reserve.

Ebay ID: joslinhall
<http://tinyurl.com/nlnlx>

- - - - - - - - - -
Our current Ebay auctions->

-Dale Chihuly - Tutti Putti 1991 exhibition catalog

-Benjamin Franklin 1785 Letter Attacking Publishers

-Benjamin Franklin - Parable Against Persecution (1927)

-1834 Mound Builders & ancient travel in North America

-1925 American Game Hunting Classic by Malcolm S. Mackay

-1846- Amerigo Vespucci controversy by C. Edwards Lester

-Blockade Running from Charleston by Captain Roberts

-1st Texas Indian Captivity, 1838 - facsimile ed. 1/400

-Women on the Cattle Trail -1983 - limited to 550 copies

-1857 - Famous Pre-Darwin Study of Devonian Fossil Fish

-1832 Boston, American traveler's Italian phrase guide

-1826 American Militia Manual by Paraclete Pott

-Krakatoa- 1883 Report on the Volcanic Ash, Abbe Renard

-1874 Panama Canal Survey with large maps & lithographs

-70 Years of Radio Tubes & Valves -reference book

-"Wing Shots", A.D. Simmons: Derrydale Press 7/950

<http://tinyurl.com/nlnlx>
EBay User ID: joslinhall

- - - - - - - - - -

--> Subscribe to our free email News List and get special
      discounts and offers on selected books!

--> See our new "Spring" catalog-
<http://joslinhall.com/catalog_273.htm>

--> Stay up to date daily with our Bookselling blog
<http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

--> Our full-service website features 86 separate subject
      categories, and has full search capabilities.

courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are $5.00 for the
first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments outside the U.S.
will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are notified within ten
days of your receipt of the books-please ask for full instructions and
terms. Massachusetts residents must add 5% state sales tax.