[Rarebooks] fs: Custer. My Life on the Plains.

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Wed Mar 8 08:45:19 EST 2006

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 8515 )  Custer, G[eorge]. A[rmstrong]. (1839-1876). MY LIFE ON THE
PLAINS, OR, PERSONAL EXPERIENCES WITH INDIANS.
New York: Sheldon & Company, 1876. Second printing, Original cloth, Octavo,
256 pages, black & white engraved plates (8). Good.
      This second printing of Gen. Custer's memoir appeared the year he was
killed at Little Big Horn. It has the same collation as the 1874 first
printing, including the eight engraved plates depicting an Indian attack on
a wagon train, the massacre of Lt. Kidder and his detachment, portraits of
various Indian chiefs, and a tissue-guarded portrait of Gen. Custer. See
HOWES #C981. Bound in brick red cloth over boards with blind-stamped lower
board, black and gilt-stamped spine and upper board, pale yellow endpapers.
Gilt remains strong. Extremities show moderate rubs and there is a bit of
fading and a rippled area at lower portion of upper board. Hinges are not
cracked but there is some separation between a few signatures at binding,
and a few of signatures are slightly pulled.    $350.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/8515.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $4.00 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php