[Rarebooks] fs: 85th Pennsylvania in the Civil War

Back Creek Books admin at backcreekbooks.com
Thu Mar 23 15:11:37 EST 2006

Greetings Booklovers,

We are pleased to offer:
~
(No. 7763 )  Dickey, Luther S[amuel]. HISTORY OF THE EIGHTY-FIFTH REGIMENT
PENNSYLVANIA VOLUNTEER INFANTRY, 1861-1865, COMPRISING AN AUTHENTIC
NARRATIVE OF CASEY'S DIVISION AT THE BATTLE OF SEVEN PINES.
New York: (J. C. & W. E. Powers), 1915. First printing, Full cloth, Quarto,
xiv, 467 pages, black & white plates, maps. Fine.
      Covers the unit's participation at Williamsburg, Seven Pines, the
Seven Days' Battles, Folly Island, Hilton Head Island, Bermuda Hundred, the
Siege of Petersburg, and more. Contains many passages from soldiers'
personal accounts as well as official reports. Fully one quarter of the book
deals with Seven Pines. This copy "Compliments of Estate of Norman B. Ream,"
per a printed slip tipped in at front hinge. First Lt. Ream was the youngest
commissioned officer in the unit and there is a biographical sketch and an
engraved portrait of him in the book. Unit roster with service information
at rear. Ref: DORNBUSCH, Vol. I, Part IV, #235; NEVINS, CWB Vol. I, p. 81.
Bound in original dark green cloth over boards with gilt-stamped spine and
upper board titles, blind-stamped border rule to both boards. A few minor
extremity bumps to boards, otherwise no significant wear.    $200.00
See photo: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/7763.jpg

><///(*>   ><///(*>    ><///(*>    ><///(*>
Terms:
All books fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described. Normal
domestic shipping $4.00 for the first book, $1.00 each additional book or
volume. Shipping charges for other carriers or international delivery quoted
individually upon inquiry. Payment accepted by credit card (V,MC,Amex,
Discover), check, money order, or PayPal.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock Toews
Back Creek Books
Post Office Box 3540, Annapolis, MD 21403, U.S.A.
Tel. 410-626-1363 or toll free 877-626-1363 -  Fax. 815-425-8542
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: admin at backcreekbooks.com
--
Military & Naval History, Americana, Nautical & Maritime, Marylandiana
 ~ New arrivals: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/index.php