[Rarebooks] FS: LBJ: THE LIVING WHITE HOUSE, 1/100 specially bound and INSCRIBED by the President

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Mon May 1 13:05:14 EDT 2006

 From our catalogue of SIGNED PRESIDENTIAL material posted on our website:
http://www.erols.com/agvent.  Also included are important signed and association
copies of Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman and Theodore Roosevelt.

[JOHNSON,  Lyndon  B.]  AIKMAN,  Lonnelle.  THE  LIVING  WHITE  HOUSE.
Washington:  White House Historical Assoc (1966). First Edition. Bound
in  full  dark  green leather with gilt rules on the front  cover  and
gilt  lettering  on  the spine. Illustrated with  drawings  and  color
photographs.  Foreword  by Lady Bird Johnson with an  introduction  by
Bruce  Catton.  One of an edition of only 100 copies specially  bound,
this  numbered  "87"  in  pencil  in the upper  right  corner  of  the
limitation  page. Although not called for, this copy is INSCRIBED  and
SIGNED  by  the President on the limitation page: "To  Betty/Who  like
some     other    things/gets     better     with   the   years./Happy
Birthday/Affectionately/Lyndon  B. Johnson." The recipient's last name
has  been  roughly  erased and the inscription, though  not  Johnson's
signature,  has  had  the ink smeared though it  is  easily  readable.
Spine  tips a little rubbed but no other wear. The smallest limitation
of  any  book associated with Johnson that we have  encountered.  Very
Good and scarce.                                              $1500.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.
Postage additional:  $8.00 for the first book, $4.00 each thereafter.  Overseas

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent