[Rarebooks] THE GARY SNYDER READER. Prose, Poetry and Translations. 1952-1998. Washington, DC: Counterpoint (1999) = OP, at publication price.

Serendipity Books pbhoward at serendipitybooks.com
Thu Oct 26 13:45:08 EDT 2006

we have from Gary Snyder 48 copies, each signed, in dust jacket, as
shipped to him from the publisher, the following collection:

THE GARY SNYDER READER. Prose, Poetry and Translations.
1952-1998.  Washington, DC: Counterpoint (1999).  Original gray paper
boards, maroon cloth back,  617pp.  First edition, first printing of
the case-bound edition.  There was a simultaneous issue in wrappers.

The hardback is out of print.  Snyder's editor at Counterpoint was
Jack Shoemaker, the co-founder (with William Turnbull) of North Point
Books (nine years a respected firm, which ended with Turnbull's
death), who has since departed Counterpoint and founded his own
publishing firm,Shoemaker and Hoard, in Emeryville, CA.  Prior to
creating North Point Books, Jack created San Dollar Books.  Jack
Shoemaker was my Manager at Serendipity for five years, prior to Sand
Dollar.  Before that, he had run the Unicorn Book Shop in Goleta
[Santa Barbara, Ca].

Signed by Snyder.  Published at $35.00 but now out of print.  Less
40% to known dealers.  Postpaid.  We have from Gary Snyder 48 copies,
each signed, in dust jacket, as shipped to him from the publisher.

Terms:

1) Any book may be returned for any reason.
2) We welcome Mastercard, Visa, Amex, Personal Checks, Payment by Wire.
3) We do not charge postage.
4) Institutions may be invoiced to suit their requirements.
5) California Sales Tax charged to California addresses.

Peter B. Howard
Serendipity Books
1201 University Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94702